What Is the Difference? My Library Account vs. WorldCat
The library catalog offers two sign in options:
Your Library Account allows you to perform local activities such as renewing a book or checking your list of loaned items. If you are off-campus, you may sign in to search databases or retrieve electronic full text of a book or article.
My WorldCat Account
Your WorldCat account lets you:
- Create a public profile that lets other WorldCat users know something about you and your interests
- Add a page to your favorites or add a favorite library
- Bookmark & Share your results or add a link to the page
- Save your search results
- Build and maintain public or private lists of books, videos and many other kinds of items owned by libraries
- Add information to WorldCat records, such as reviews, notes and tags
How do I set up my library account and renew items?
From the sign in page, click on the Set/reset password link. You will be prompted to enter the 14-digit number on your Wabash ID:
Look for the email in your Wabash account and follow the instructions.
Enter the 14-digit number on your Wabash ID (not your User Name as indicated) plus a password of your own choosing
When you return to the library catalog, you will see that the icon next to My Library Account has turned green. Click on My Library Account to see a list of items checked to your account:
To renew your materials, select thebutton next to each item: